||Discover these funny facts about Star Wars and
impress your friends...
- It took three different actors to portray Darth Vader : David Prowse (body),
James Earl Jones (voice) et Sebastian Shaw (face)
- R2-D2 was named after that a technician from "American Graffiti"
asked to Lucas the Reel number 2, Dialogue track number 2.
- The small actor hiding into R2-D2 is named Kenny Baker and is less than 4
feet tall !
- Chewbacca's name is inspired by the name of Chebika City, in Tunisia, near
the place where Tatooine scenes where shot.
- The name of Jawa is simply taken from the Lucas family doctor's name.
- When dedicacing to Star Wars fans, Mark Hamill was writing "Follow the
Force", and Harisson Ford, less serious, was writing "Force yourself".
- To avoid being distrub while shooting Return of the Jedi, Lucas fainted he
was making a horror movie called "Blue Harvest". He wanted the illusion so
perfect that the whole crew was wearing caps and shirts especially printed.
- In The Empire Strikes Back, Alec Guinness performed all his appearances in
six hours !
- R2-D2 and C-3PO characters are inspired from the famous comics duo of Laurel
- In A New Hope, when our heroes are entering into the spaceport to escape
Tatooine, C3PO miss a step in the stairs and almost fall (Fred Simo).
- For Star Wars 20th anniversary, the first episode film renovation costed as
much as the original movie : 10 millions US dollars.
- In 1996, 37% of the toys sold in the United States where Star Wars products.
- The name of 4-LOM, one the bounty hunters listening to Darth Vader in The
Empire Strikes Back, means : For Love Of Money.
- The following Kenner toys never made to the final toy stage : Aunt Beru and
Uncle Owen Lars toy action figures.
- During the Cloud City evacuation scene in The Empire Strikes Back, one actor
can be seen running around with what looks to be an ice-cream maker.
- In StarWars, a small pair of metal dice can be seen hanging in the Millenium
Falcon's cockpit as Chewbacca prepares to depart from Mos Eisley. The dice do not appear
in subsequent scenes.
- In the opening scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indy escapes with the
golden idol in a sea plane with the registration number OB-3PO. This, of course refers to
Obi-wan and C-3PO from StarWars.
- Sections of the under-construction Death Star are said to resemble the San
Francisco skyline, the silhouette of a favorite city of George Lucas.
- Return of the Jedi was originally titled Revenge of the Jedi - but later
underwent a title change, due to the fact that, according to Lucas, A Jedi would never
- The Millenium Falcon was originally inspired by the shape of a hamburger
with an olive on the side.
- During The Empire Strikes Back's famous asteroid scene, one of the deadly,
hurling asteroids is actually... a potato !
- In The Empire Strikes Back, ILM designers sought a "radical"
design shape for Boba Fett's ship - and ended up using a street lamp plucked off a post
outside the ILM building.
- In Star Wars, in the scene where C-3PO and R2-D2 are hiding into a closet in
a control room and that the stromtroopers force the entry door, one of them knocks his
head as he enters.
- How strange it may be, sounds for the LightSabers where recorded by moving a
microphone next to a TV set !
- During StarWars Carrie fisher was 10bs over weight and was mad because
george didnt think that women of the future would wear bras
- Princess Grace of Monaco was the very very first person to get the first set
of 4 StarWars action figures, win on a drawing organized by Bernie Loomis (Kenner toy
designer), who was on visit at Monaco in november 1977.
- R2-D2 wind-up action figure made by Takara in Japan, was one of George
Lucas's favorite toys. Lucasfilm itself ordered thousands of them for company employees.
- StarWars is the most successful movie-related toy line up ever sold. Even
back in 1978, for the first year that Kenner offered these toys, it sold more than 42
Million of them, with far and away the action figures with 26 Million for a twelve
varietie. Between 1978 and 1986, some 250 Million figures will be sold over the World.
You too, feel free to contribute to this page, by
sending facts about Star Wars. Don't hesitate and send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.